Hi Edward,
tions, I thought it might help to let you know how I deal with Parkinsons=
 (I have had it for ten years now, not as long as some, but long enough =
to have learnt something about drug regimes)
Firstly, in my experience, the more Levadopa (Sinemet, or Madopar) that =
you take in a day the less effective it becomes. For example, my first =
dose of Madopar a day will give me benefit for upto 3 hours, my second =
for upto 2 hours, and  my third upto 1 and a half hours. This also has =
an effect on the next days effectiveness, for example if for some reason =
I only take two doses of madopar in a day, the following days first dose =
may last up to 3and a half,maybe four hours however,If for some reason =
I need to take four doses of Madopar in a day, then the next mornings fir=
st dose may well only last 1 and a half to 2 hours.It is a case of fine =
tuning your meds regime to get the optimum benefit with the minimum of =
down time.No regime is going to be perfect,because the inescapeable fact =
is we all have Parkinsons, but it is possible to manage the symptoms effe=
ctively.
I also note from your message that you take Eldepryl at midday, this goes=
 against what my Neuro' told me, and my own experience, which is that it =
should only be taken in the morning as it can cause sleeplessness if take=
n later.
I feel better now than I have for a long time, which is mainly due to the=
 fact that I feel I have found the optimum dosage .
                         Regards,
Regards,
Nigel,
Age 43, diagnosed 1989, Taking Madopar, Cabaser, Selegeline,
Amantadine, Amitriptyline.