Hi Allan & Barbara:  From on insomniac to another it gets old.  I have always
had problems sleeping or getting to sleep or staying asleep.  Years ago my
doctor gave me scripts for Valium don't recommend that.  Put in the age of
enlightenment, my Psy gives me "Ambien."  It is a non-addictive, non-narcotic
sleep aid.  I would let me sleep for at least 6 hours at a time with no
wakeups.  I sleep walk and this even stops that.  I was talking 10mg at
bedtime and was usually asleep in 15 minutes. I was not getting much relief
lately so dosage was up to 15mg at bedtime.
I never felt groggy with these and I had no noticeable side effects.  Check
with your Doctor.
I know a few that are on it.
TTFN
Gina