^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses       deg. F
   I may be scheduled for inguinal hernia surgery in October..  A 1982,
right-sided hernia surgical repair has partially failed, and has to be
done again. A robin's-egg -sized protrusion sometimes forms..  It can be
reduced manually if I lie on my back and slowly manipulate it over the
pubic bone.

 The laporoscopic method requires anaesthesia  It leaves a tiny pair of
scars, and heals within a week..  The external approach (traditional
method), I am told,  takes two weeks or so to heal. I'm trying to figure
out what will be less stressful for me.

   I wonder if anyone on the list has had experience and could comment.
There is moderate discomfort.

Thank You.

Ivan 48/12