Hi List--My husband Joe (dx 3/97) has been on Mirapex since August
1997. He is taking 2.5 mg on a total daily basis. This, plus 5 mg.
eldepryl every other day, are his only meds. But he feels "spacey"
and fatigued especially after taking Mirapex, and takes many naps
during the day. Also, he gets up many times during the night.
Question 1: Do you think that his skewed sleep pattern could be due
to the Mirapex?
Question 2: Does Requip have the same sleep side-effects? Has anyone
switched from Mirapex to Requip with better results? Joe has to see
his neurologist soon because his refill quota on the Mirapex ran out,
and we would like to have a possible alternative med to Mirapex. (I'm
pretty sure these questions have been fully addressed in the past,
but I'd really appreciate some answers.) Thanks in advance.
Ann Gibbons  CG Joe 64/1.5