Friends, I finally had the chance to meet Kathrynne Holden yesterday at a
meeting of the Greater Kansas City support group, and what a pleasure it was!
Coming straight from a taping of a radio show which will be aired Sat., Oct.
31, at 1:30 p.m. over KKFI 90.1 FM, she was immediately called upon by the
group's leader to begin her talk.  We barely had time to say "hello" and hug!
So sans lunch, a beverage, or even a chance to pull out her notes, she spoke
for an hour, only stopping for a moment to hug Jeanette Fuhr who was there
also.  Kathrynne then talked with individuals 45 minutes, spoke for another 20
minutes, and again spoke with individuals for another 20-30 minutes.  Here is
what the group leader wrote in part to Kathrynne last nite:

<<
You were terrific!  Knowledgable, excellent delivery, pertinent,  personable
and
an excellent teacher.  You obviously want Parkinsonians to be able to
avoid health problems that are avoidable. But first they have to
understand how their bodies work under the additional handicap of PD.
After you explained how their bodies worked, you explained what they
should do and then motivated them to do it!.

But what impressed me most about you was your caring nature.  You
obviously  want to make the world a better place and are willing to give
of yourself to make this happen.  Thank you so much for speaking to us
today

I couldn't agree more.  And I might add that Kathrynne is a walking example of
how good nutrition can play a role in keeping one as vigorous and youthful as
is possible.  What a grand lady.  Thank you Kathrynne for going the extra mile
to be with us Monday.

Barbara Blake-Krebs  57/1984
Merriam  KS