Dear Joan,

 I'm Jewish, so I can't go with this "this is my cross and I have to
bear it."  I query why me, why PD.  But ultimately, I do my best to
overcome what I can, and accept what I cannot.

And when the time came round to say prayers for the sick, both in the
regular Saturday service, and yesterday during the Rosh Hashana service,
I said a special prayer - and requested from the Rabbi, as well, "to
grant health to all those who have PD".

Legend has it that on Rosh Hashana, G-d opens up the books where good
and bad are recorded. And He evaluates every person and every act to
determine not only who will live and who will die in the coming  year,
but also if the world will go on, or come to an end.  After 10 days of
penitence, on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, the books are finally
closed. Let us hope that this year it is written in those books that the
time has come for a cure for PD!

Hilary Blue