> At 09:58 PM 9/21/98 ,  Ivan Suzman wrote:
> >   I may be scheduled for inguinal hernia surgery in October..  A > >   I wonder if anyone on the list has had experience and could comment.

I had one of those, years before any hint of PD, and was lucky. As I
understand it, if the opening is small enough it may be closed with
only a few sutures, as in my case. If the opening is too big or the
surrounding muscle too weak, they sew in a little piece of plastic
screen, that becomes a strong support for the scar that soon envelops
it. In my case, I felt good enough the day after surgery to drive
myself home, and within a few weeks, even the scar of the external
incision had vanished. Good luck.
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694