hi again bruce

you wrote:
>Janet, thanks for your "curiosity." Here are my answers -
>and through the list in case anyone else is having similar
>problems; scroll down, please...
>
>>...so maybe an interesting mini experiment for you
>>might be to try improving your current sinemet dosage
>>by taking the same amount but in smaller more frequent doses...
>
>I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS AND IT I SEEM BETTER FOR IT -
>1/2 TAB 25/100 EVERY 2 HOURS.  GOT THE IDEA FROM BRIAN
>COLLINS DEAL

this is great, bruce!
it seems to prove the undermedication theory too

>>...if that doesn't improve your symptoms
>>maybe a small overall increase of sinemet would do the trick...
>>what doseage of sinemet are you taking now and how often?
>>does your mobility improve and worsen thru the day?
>>maybe relative to your med timing?
>
>TAKE A TOTAL OF 4 /1/2 - 5  25/100'S A DAY.
>BOB BOWLING, THE ALAKAN SALMON FISHERMAN,
>ALSO SAID MY DOSAGE SEEMED LIGHT.
>THE NEW DOC WANTS TO TRY OTHER
>THINGS BEFORE UPPING THE SINEMENT.

absolutely!
assuming all goes well with the tasmar
[my fingers and toes are still crossed! - hey it worked for barb!]
you should get more and smoother l-dopa benefit to your brain
and if the 'more' gets to be too much = dyskinesia
then you could probably lower the sinemet level
which is all to the good in the longer term

>>>...bigger problem affecting my mobility is the chronic back pain
>>>I have developed since May, caused [self-induced?] by bad posture...
>
>>...when i am 'kicked out'
>>besides being basically 'frozen' and unable to walk...
>>i get intense back pains and pinches
>>which ease off
>>['melt' along with the muscle stiffness]
>>as soon as the sinemet benefit 'kicks in again'
>>...do you ever have dyskinesia, which would indicate an overdose of l-dopa?
>
>I HAVE NO ONS/OFFS TO SPEAK OF - JUST A GRADUAL WORSENING
>OF SYMPTOMS THRUOUT THE DAY. NEVER HAD ANY DYSKINESIA,
>[NEVER HAD ANY SIDE EFFECTS, NEVER HAD ANY DEPRESSION EITHER]
>THIS NEW DOC SAID THST  BECAYSE I DON'T HAVE STRONG ONS.OFFS
>MY LIMITING PROTEIN DURING THE DAY IS A WASTE OF TIME!!

absolutely again!
i used to be able to eat anything and not notice any effect on my meds
no longer... protein, fish, milk, foe-git aboudit!

but back to your back pain
is the chronicity at a steady level
or might it wax and wane through the day or night?
depending on meds level? or activity level? or anything?

>>and then you had the nerve to write this:
>>>So ve sager, hey hey pa dej.
>OLD SWEDISH GOODBYE.
>LOOKING FOR A N OLD SWEDE
>TO GET A LITERAL TRANSLATION