I think that I used the wrong subject for my post. I didn't mean to imply that
religion was necessarily involved. (It may however be involved.)  While I have no
problem with the posts as they relate to religion or New Age thinking that was not
what I meant to communicate.  Let me ask my question again.

The "placebo effect" seems to be well-documented and a widely accepted
phenomenon.  Let's assume for a moment that it can affect individuals with
Parkinson's and can cure them (or can improve conditions) by whatever mechanism.
Once we have verified that some individuals can be cured by this effect maybe we
can identify ways to enhance the effect.

Are any efforts being made in this direction?  Why would anyone make any effort in
this direction without some documented (or anecdotal) cases of spontaneous
remission of Parkinson's? Do we have individuals (acquaintances) who are on the
list or that have been on the list who found their answer and then are heard no
more? That was my original question.  If someone reports a cure or improvement do
we listen with an open mind?

Mike  49/9