I'm gonna put in my two cents worth here, as I usually do.  I agree with
those who say that this is a forum for religion, nor politics, for that
matter.  I don't believe, however, that drugs and science are the only
pertinent topics for discussion.  In my day to day dealings with PD,
ultimately my faith has infinitely more impact on how I manage to deal with
it.  By faith, I'm not implying Christian, nor any other particular form.
Personally, if anyone has stories of people being healed from pd by native
shamans, Indian yogis, standing on their head, smoking dope, or whatever, I
definitely want to hear about it.  I believe that the more one hears
positive stories, the more one begins to believe, and eventually, one has
the appropriate mental state to receive a cure, whether it be from God (any
God) or a doctor.  All of the drugs in the world can't heal you if you
aren't mentally/emotionally/physically  ready to be healed.

Besides the fact that I don't believe that God is defined totally by any
specific religion, altho' I do relate to Christianity most, because that's
what I'm most familiar with, I do try to purposely include in my discussion,
more neutral references to the Creator.  I don't think I would remain active
on the pd list, honestly, is the discussions were limited to solely cut and
dry technical info.  I get enough of that at work.  I also happen to
believe, as it seems that many pd'ers tend to take up poetry after their
diagnoses, that as it is probably therapuetic for them to release their
feeling via poetry, it is also part of the healing process to pursue and
discuss more right(?)-brained thinking.  By that I mean, not to only discuss
the logical and rational aspects of pd, but also some of the more subjective
and irrational (?) aspects.

So, let's definitely not go overboard on trying to push Christian
charismatic healings, nor any other particular form, but if someone hears of
a healing, by any means, I think we're all entitled to hear it.  I can't
believe that I didn't see Kathie's posting the first time around (at least I
don't remember it).  And don't worry, once I'm healed of this thing, you
guys will be among the first to know, and I'll have it well documented.  I'm
sure there'll still be some detractors, but I like I said in my last post,
"WTF!".

Wendy Tebay