Hi Gerry & Brig:  Doctor has taken me off the Permax and started me on
Mirapex.  It has been 4 days now since being on Mirapex and my legs look like
chopped liver.  They are a bright red still, very dry, skin shiny and
stretched until no stretch left.  There is no give in the skin.  The dimples
in my knees are gone, there really is not knee cap to see. Bending down or
kneeling are out of the question.  At the end of the day, the legs are like
walking on stubs.  They are hot to the touch, but then all of a sudden the
feet and toes turn cold.  I have been in contact with the doctor in Chicago
and first was reduction of Permax (did not help), second was phase out Permax,
phase in Mirapex.  Mirapex is doing what it should for PD, but the
legs/ankles/feet are still a mess, worse then before.

All I know, is that I am very tired of trying to walk at all now.  It is a
nightmare that is beginning to have no end.  I trust the doctors now and
believe they have my best interest at heart.  I am researching the other meds
in the realm to see if maybe one of them may be causing some problems.
Lithium I have taken for about 8 years now, but some of this sounds like
Lithium overdose.   Patience is wearing off, as well as tolerance.  The
Acceptance part is lost in the corner as the problems crop up.
Since I have never been treated for PD and don't know the ins and outs, if you
have had similar problems, could you please let me know if they were med
related due to PD or some other med.  Or was it PD itself?  I usually am a
Half-Full type person but I am getting very tired.  I don't sleep, my legs are
horrible, being chased by Hallucinations, being Paranoid by anything, No
transportation, tremors, head bobbing, etc.  I am tired and worn out,  needing
a good word, to be pushed up the ladder one more time.   To at least see the
leg thing through.  And continue this battle for the next hurdle to come.  But
by morning I will probably be back to my normal talkative self.
I am curious as to if many of Parkies know what brought PD on them?  Or if you
just have a hunch?  Are you still hopeful of a cure?  How long did your meds
take to straighten out so they worked and gave the least amount of side
effects?
Is your doctor local or did you have to go to another town to get good medical
care?
What side effects did you have when you started?  What were the symptoms?
I really haven't asked much because I didn't want to appear stupid.  I don't
believe anyone is stupid, we just lack knowledge.  If you have any other
information for me that may help, please post to me.  I am searching for
answers that are coming very slowly or sometimes not at all.  I need personal
knowledge.  Thank you for your answers, I am scrambling to stop the legs.
TTFN
Gina