Ann Gibbons  CG Joe 64/1.5 wrote in part:

>Do you think that his skewed sleep pattern could be due to the Mirapex?

my opinion (non-professional) is that it is certainly possible.  the
probability might be answered by your selves if your memory suffices to
answer whether Joe got any improvement in symptoms reduction after working
up to half or less the 2.5 mg per day dosage.

>Does Requip have the same sleep side-effects?

you have made a conclusion that Mirapex has specific sleep side effects!
based upon one sample.

>and we would like to have a possible alternative med to Mirapex.

I suggest that maybe the med is not the cause of the sleep pattern.

the two drugs have somewhat different D1, D2, D3, site effects- so would be
likely to differ.

my age is 62. Joe is not a young onset pwp and I have taken
carbidopa/levodopa for 14 years.  i added Mirapex last year when i could get
it. i used it sparingly and went from 0.75 mg per day to four 0.25 tabs per
day two months ago. it has a 7 to 9 hour half life so i try to take at
6-hour intervals: arising, noon, 6 PM, and just before retiring.

Perhaps the alternative is to take less Mirapex. i also take half an
Eldepryl generic substitute each day instead of 5 mg every other day.

Joe, are you feeling spunky most of the time? do you have some goals and
projects that interest you and occupy your body and mind - giving you mental
and physical exercise?

take care
love your self
love your others
this is living
giving is living

the above is my answer to Piet Hein's grook

i'd like to know
what this whole show
is all about
before it's out

ron
Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter