Kathie,

I also used to be against demanding miracles from God, and I also don't
believe that I deserve them more than does someone else, but I do think that
if we are really co-creators with God, as many faiths believe, then we have
a right to expect a little help now and then.  So, I'm not giving up hope,
and I never will, whether I get one or not.

Deepak Chopra, and many other mystics, etc., talk about this life being
essentially a mirage, that it's not as real as we think it is.  It's kind of
like the events of our lives are being played out on some movie screen, and
we're a part of that drama, but we're also the person/awareness sitting out
in the audience, detached from the drama, who's simply watching it all go
by.  And the part of ourselves that is eternal is that part out in the
audience, not the part on the screen.  So, in some ways, as long as I can
identify myself with that eternal part, I'm not really too concerned with
what happens in the movie, for it's only temporary.  Also, like in quantum
physics, the very act of my watching the movie, can in a sense, like the
scientist watching an electron in an experiment, change the outcome of the
movie, ( or experiment - whether or not the electron is a particle or a
wave).  I can consciously affect the plot of  the movie, yet also remain
detached from it.  Kinda cool.  Deepak's book, The Way of the Wizard, is the
first book that really make all of this "new age" type stuff really hit home
for me and become more than just an intellectual idea.

In a sense then, this pd is real, but  then again it isn't.  I'm more than a
victim of PD.  In some ways I consider it my teacher.  Other times I
absolutely hate it.  But I think the more that I can identify myself with
the audience, rather than the screen actors in this stupid pd drama going on
in my life, the less control it'll have over me, and as that occurs, perhaps
it will simply fade away, like the mirage it really is.   If I didn't
believe this all to be true, and didn't have some sort of faith, then I
don't think I'd last a week in dealing with this d--n disease.

Wendy T.