In a message dated 9/22/98 10:17:18 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<  Heitman asks, "will it work?"  Otherwise, it certainly sounds better from
 the little I know. >>

Art,
Speaking precisely, I didn't mean to ask that.
What I had meant to say was that I do not understand how the laparoscopic
procedure would work in something that is going to be done just below the
skin..

Restated from memory in another way: I don't know how a laproscopic approach
would reduce the trauma since the surgery is to move and tack down a piece of
fascia (right under the skin) to other fascia.  The idea is to get the two to
scar together eliminating the abnormal abdominal wall hole.

Most laproscopic procedures are inter peritoneal (inside the body cavity).
There these procedures reduce trauma immensely, eliminating the need to make
wide abdominal wall wounds.  Such wounds were necessary to visualize and reach
the surgery.  These traditional approaches involved a lot of   muscle and
fascia trauma.  They also took weeks rather than days to recover .

Regards,
WHH