I just heard Sam Donnalson (a melanoma survivor) on Good Morning America
talking about a combined disease advocates march on Washington on (?) 27 Sep
98--next Sunday.  The object is to get Congress to approve more money for
research in the NIH.  They said that the good thing about so doing is that
such money would soon SAVE MORE MONEY THAN IT COSTS.  (what a novel idea).
This is to be coordinated by Gen. Schwartzkopf.

I wonder how much more money it will take before Dr Varmus will allocate our
lousy 100 mil on PD.

I think we need to take this effort seriously and maybe, since I am guessing
the PWP delegation will be relatively small, support it with fax, or e-mail.
I and (I am certain) others would like to encourage the General.  Does anyone
know his e-mail address, snail mail address, or fax # or where to get them ?

Regards,
WHH 55/19