At 10:23 AM 9/24/98 , you wrote:
>Ken,
>I'm not a New Yorker, so I guess I need to know, for my husband, I wouldn't
>know the difference, is that entrance to Central Park on the North or South
>side of park
>While I'm typing, I'm sitting in front of the Louis J. Fishman Award, I may
>have said thanks there, but I want to thanks again.  It really was a great
>honor, and we appreciate being an award winner.
>See you at the walk.
>Gerry(Gerrie) and Brig Haines

Gerry, to the best of my knowledge, the Fishman Award has not been
mentioned on this list until now.  I remember when the Fishman Award was so
proudly presented to you two, along with co-winners Jim and Ethel Bence
and, I believe, the parents of Kathy Hayes and Nancy Muma.  It was Tuesday
evening, and we were attending the PAN Public Policy Forum, "Visibility
into Action," in Washington,  DC.  We had just finished dinner on the top
floor of the Hotel Washington, and I went downstairs to my room to report
the information on the award winners to this list.

That was the same evening that Jim Finn (also known in these parts as
TR7Driver) announced his planned appearance on "60 Minutes" for the
following Sunday.   It seemed more appropriate at the time to share this
news with the Forum people then on the rooftop than to post the listing
telling of the award.  It could offer us new and immediate ways of turning
"Visibility into Action."  Not to worry, the proud accomplishments of the
Haines, Hayes, and Bence families would be reported to this list by someone
else.

It doesn't appear that it has happened yet.

But it certainly has been suggested by the photos that I recently posted.
One may go to

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/pf98p046.html

to see you and Brignal proudly holding your award plaque.  Pictures on the
bottom of that "page" show the Bences.  "Go to the next page" to see the
Hayes daughters.

Three months late, perhaps: Congratulations to all of you!!!!

Texas is a fair piece from Central Park.  I regret that I won't be there to
see you, Ken, Margot, and all.  But the best of luck to y'all on the Walk.

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   PAN Forum and other photos:
         http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/