It has to be a California thing.  I remember being in LA for an unrelated
matter and paying someone( at the place where I bought it) to put a new radio
in my now old Dodge Van.  A couple of weeks later, I hit a bump and the whole
shebang fell out.  Those yokels had glued the thing in by the faceplate.  .

An inexpensive brace and a few metal screws, did the job permanently.  The
really weird thing is that it was easier to put in properly.  It was as though
they had a shoddy reputation to protect.  California has some wonderful folks,
but there definitely are some flakes and crumbs.

WHH