Dear Chris-- it is scary to have those tremors, but I wonder if you have
seen a good neurologist ?  Tremors are not necessarily due to Parkinsons,
and you must get a good diagnosis before you assume anything. PD has a
"resting tremor" which does not sound like what you describe. Check it out,
and let us lknow what you learn!

>     Hi, This is my first post to the list; I just have a  (rather
>hypochondric-y) question about tremors. Recently, I've discovered that I
>have something  similar to generalized anxietydisorder.  I've always had
>it, but never thought it was  something that could be catergorized.  It
>seems to run in the  family. Anyway, I've always (I'm 24), on or off, had
>minor tremors.  I've always passedthem off as excess "nervous energy," but
>I'm a  little concerned that they may beearly warning signs of something,
>and Parkinson's disease  comes to mind first.The most extreme tremors
>usually aren't much, and tend to come  only when I'm extremely nervous.
>They tend to be body-wide, but not violent.  My handsare always a tad
>shaky, but I recently had  a minor injury to the hand, and the same hand
>shook quite a bit for about 30  minutes or so. From my understanding,
>Parkinson's disease is due to low  levels of dopamine,and I'm thinking
>perhaps similar "symptoms" may be  caused by my anxiety (?). Sorry if this
>is unrelated, but I would much appreciate any  wisdom you couldshare with
>me. Thanks,Chris

        Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter  80/9
        Oxford,OH

                ** Ask me about the CARE list for    **