Camilla writes: (and by the way, Welcome Back Camilla)

>  Perhaps others can add some ideas for how to avoid slipping
>into the "slough of negativism" which  Don points out?

The following works for me.  It is so simple that many people dismiss it as
simplistic (which it is not).  It is not going to stop you feeling sad or
angry or aggrieved at the appropriate times but it will alter what these
emotions do to you.

1. Take responsiblity for your own life

2. Never make your happiness subject to anything or anyone (i.e. I would be
happy if..........)

3. Look for and make the positive choice in every situation

4. Choose to be happy.

(This is not as hard as it seems.  As they say in Nike World - Just do it).

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to remain perfect like a tile upon the housetop."

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/