It looks like the we can forget about using the Americans with Disabilities
Act.  An article on the front page of the paper said that 92% of all cases
which get to court are decided in favor of the companies being accused. And
this fact, now published, I would think would cause their lawyers to settle
less frequently before getting to court.   So as not to be accused of being
a nattering nabob, though, I'll add that this statistic might show that the
law has caused companies to set up policies sufficiently effective so that
they are  not violating the intent of the law, and that 92% or so of the
cases reaching court are from the lunatic fringe.

This project I have been working on to enlist my congressman's interest in
reforming the SSA by making a plea which includes anecdotal evidence from
you all. There are horror stories in the archives, and my opinion has also
been formed by magazine and news reports.
AM I WRONG to do this?
AM I UNFAIRLY MALIGNING THEM?
is ALL THIS AN EXAGGERATION, THESE TALES OF WOE BEING TOO FEW TO GET EXCITED
ABOUT?
HAVE MOST PEOPLE HERE HAD FAVORABLE EXPERIENCES?
A n active well-respected member of the List thinks I'm a JERK for doing
this.  Before I put any more effort into it I would appreciate feedback,
Thanks.
B. Bruce Anderson (52, 4)
Schooley's Mtn., NJ