On 09/26/98 Patricia Hewitt wrote:

 He put me on lithobid 300 mg. twice a
>day. This is day four. It feels like I am not even taking my sinemet
>at all. .

Lithobid (lithium carbonate) is on the list of drugs that are
contraindicated for PD. Parkinson medications are so individual in how they
react in the body, and so interrelated with drugs prescribed to treat the
other unrelated conditions most of us have that it is essential to check
with your neurologist and pharmacist before taking any medication prescribed
by a doctor unfamiliar with the nuances of PD.

I carry copies of the contraindicated drugs along every time I take my
husband to any doctor, dentist, or therapist of any kind. They are always
delighted to have a copy and we feel safer. Our pharmicist caught one such
problem recently when our family doctor prescribed a mild dose of Paxil for
Neal. This is not compatable with the Eldepryl he takes.

Martha Rohrer  (CG for Neal, 78/13)