Dear Patricia,

I hope your situation has stabilized.  Lithobid is a slow release form of
Lithium. Ataxia and tremor are both potential complications of taking Lithium
- not a pleasant thought when you also compound it with usual locomotion
problems associated with PD.  At bare minimum, if your physician hasn't
discontinued the drug, you should have a Lithium level drawn as soon as
possible.  By the way, Lithium toxicity can result also from decreased fluid
intake.  If you are on a diuretic, you would also exercise caution.

Good luck and let me know how things turn out.

Tim Hodgens

***

Tim Hodgens, Ph.D.
Psychologist