At 12:36 PM 9/27/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Bruce,
>            With regard to Apomorphine, I have to confess I am not
familiar with the chemistry of how it works, all I do know is that it has
the same effect as Sinemet and Madopar, only it takes effect almost
instantly, as it is injected, as opposed to the tablets, which as you know
>can't always be relied upon to get into your system within a set time.
>I get the impression from my neuro' that it is considered as something of
a last resort, there is no doubt that it works well, but if the trade-off
is the terrible dyskenesia previously mentioned, I think that this is one
treatment that I won't be asking for!
>Regards,
>Nigel,

I took Apomorphene for a shourt time but I took it sublinually, that is,
under my tongue. It seemed to be working. However the little tablets took
about 20 minutes to disolve and the taste was so bad i could not tolerate
it. I tried  taking apiece of hard candy when I took one. then I started
taking Mirapex and it woks very well. Combined with Sinemet CR 50-200 it is
the best combination that I  have had since my diagnosis in 1988.
May Mercy, peace,and love be yours in abubdance
(Jude 2)
David L. Moreland 55/10
http://www.teleport.com/~davelm
Order Books from Amazon.com from this website