------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BDEA51.77E52B40

There have been a few negative comments on apomorphine in the last =
couple of days. I have carry no brief for the stuff but there was an =
article a few months ago in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) which =
suggested that it was underused in the treatment of PD. I forget the =
details but I believe it usually used to help with on/off problems.=20

Two comments I noted in particular.

One reported that they had taken it orally and had been sick as a =
result. I understood that you normally inject it and that you had to =
take domperidone initially to prevent the sickness.

The other was from Nigel who had been put off it because the 3 PWPs he =
had seen  who were on it seemed to be suffering from worse dyskinesias =
than those that weren't. But maybe they were taking apomorphine because =
of their dyskinesias rather than the other way round

Jamie 47/10

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BDEA51.77E52B40

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>
<P>There have been a few negative comments on apomorphine in the last =
couple of=20
days. I have carry no brief for the stuff but there was an article a few =
months=20
ago in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) which suggested that it was =
underused=20
in the treatment of PD. I forget the details but I believe it usually =
used to=20
help with on/off problems. </P>
<P>Two comments I noted in particular.</P>
<P>One reported that they had taken it orally and had been sick as a =
result. I=20
understood that you normally inject it and that you had to take =
domperidone=20
initially to prevent the sickness.</P>
<P>The other was from Nigel who had been put off it because the 3 PWPs =
he had=20
seen&nbsp; who were on it seemed to be suffering from worse dyskinesias =
than=20
those that weren't. But maybe they were taking apomorphine because of =
their=20
dyskinesias rather than the other way round</P>
<P>Jamie 47/10</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BDEA51.77E52B40--