I watched 60 Minutes last night and sadly, as Jim Finn suspected, the
footage on his transplant surgery was not shown.  It appears to have been
'bumped' by the medical story of the moment, the hand transplant in France.
As the recipient is a Kiwi living in Oz and and a senior member of the
transplant team is Australian and as the 60 Minutes cameras were invited
into the operating theatre to film the procedure, and as the HAND story is
hot news I suppose the decision to reschedule is understandable.  I shall be
contacting Channel 9 and asking them to show Jim as soon as possible.

One ironic aspect - the point was made in the hand transplant story that, if
successful, limb transplanting would help "perhaps a million people" world
wide.  I wonder if anyone at 60 Minutes realises that one million is a drop
in the ocean compared to the untold millions who stand to benefit from the
knowledge gained from Jim's experience.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 48/11

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to remain perfect like a tile upon the housetop."

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/