Friends,

    I have just been told (9:55 PM) that my WGME-TV appearance is
postponed til tomorrow, Monday, Sept. 27. It is re-scheduled for either 6
or 11 PM, but that is subject to change, "depending on the  breaking
news." The news department editor CLAIMED that no (ZERO) requests had
arrived at (207) 797-9099 for the broadcast of my PD Golf TOurnament
story on any other CBS TV station.

    Are they BLOWING US OFF?? The issue here is that the Parkinson's
community, worldwide, still seems to be in the shadow-world.

   This endless after-the-interview lobbying makes me feel like we PWP's
have little clout.  Not enough political power as a COMMUNITY.

   I don't know how much impact we with PD have--but it's not enough to
prevent Jim Finn, Barb Mallut and others among us from experiencing this
awful waiting game after having been filmed-and the ORDEALS that we go
through are not understood--and then we're never aired at all.

.  Edie Luther-let's check in with you- are you doing better than us in
getting on TV in Baltimore this week? Is your airdate still September
28??

   Barbara Blake-Krebs and Marling McReynolds--can you use your radio
success to talk about our TV INVISIBILITY, on the radio programming
available to you?

  Again, if anyone convinces your CBS-affiliated  TV station to phone or
fax WGME-TV, Channel 13 Sports News, Portland, Maine, and put it on the
satellite, you will see it in your area.

Maybe some of you in the media, like Mort Kondracke, could help?

Can someone forward this to Mort? I don't have an e-mail address for him
at his Washington, D.C. office,  Could it be [log in to unmask]