<<
 Just agreed to have my 88 yr. old relative live with me permanently.  Has PD,
 quite weak, incontinent, can't speak.  Is hospitalized & ready for discharge.
 Want to have garage made into nice apartment for him.  Any input as far as
 building plans and ideas for any aspect of it would be tremendously helpful !
 ! ! ! >>

Hi Dawn
Try calling the American Easter Seals Society in your area. . They actually
give yearly awards for the best homes designed or adapted/changed to meet the
needs of various types of handicaps. They have many ideas.
Also, your City's Human Services Department should be able t o assist with
ideas or money or assistance to build,
Maryhelen