Bill... I'd like to know how many errors are made in just he Kaiser Woodland
Hills main 24 hour Pharmacy (that facility has five patient pharmacies that I
know of).

I've caught two potentially serious and 2  not-serious-but-really-stupid
prescription errors make by Kaiser pharmacists just within this past year.

Had I not been familiar with the drugs that were prescribed (and I'd taken
these he drugs before and they were originally correctly prescribed by the MD,
so I KNOW that the errors originated in the pharmacy, months after the
original RX's were filled.

By the way, the errors were in the dosage of the pills I was supposed to take
was  waaaay over what the original RX called for. The other errors were for
the estrogen patches I use - changing them once a week as called for by the
maker - and they were prescribed to be changed once a week.  The box of
patches I got from the pharmacy said to change patches every DAY!  Now THAT
was just plain carelessness!

I betcha, considering the HUGE volume AND variety of prescriptions filled at
the combined Kaiser pharmacies is chock full of pharmacist-caused-errors.
Repetition and fatigue alone can cause errors...

Barb Mallut