From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Charles E. Niggley
Sent:   Tuesday, September 29, 1998 7:08 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Sleep Med Question

My wife, Patsy Niggley is recovering from the operation last
Tue, Sep 22 to redo her right hip that was replaced in 1995.

The cement pulled loose from the bone (very seldom happens),
but for her it did.

The operation was much longer than last time, but she is
recovering nicely, and starting rehab and was moved to a
skilled nursing home on Sunday.

We kept her parkinson meds away from her for a day and have
slowly been adding then back, so she is much more rigid
than normal. We don't want a repeat of 3 years ago when
she almost shook the leg out of the socket and it took
us 21 hours to get her over it. Needless to say by
then she was totally wiped out with NO strength left.

Now to the question she wanted me to ask.

Are any of you taking, or have taken  AMBIEN or RESTORIL
for sleep medication?  If so how successful or unsuccessful
were they and what if any side effects did you experience.

BTW, Patsy is 58, last week, and has been diagnosed for
13 years.

Thanks for your response.

   Chuck Niggley       [log in to unmask]