From: Ellen Peck <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 1998 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: Parkinsonism

>Bob Johmson wrote:
>
>>My father.....has
>>trouble walking, lurching forward, slightly bent at the trunk as if
running
>>after his centre of gravity.
THIS IS THE REASON FO R MY INTRACTABLE BACK PAIN.  I THIINK..  THE BODY IS
NOT MEANT TO BE POSTURED THIS WAY
 He has been taking Sinemet in increasing
>>dosages for over a year without apparent relief. In fact he now shuffles
>>around his house with greater difficulty, stumbling and stutter-stepping
>>with less control as time goes by.
SAME HERE - ALSO FIRST PERMAX (HEAVY DOSE), NOW MIRAPEX (THE MAX DOSE - 4.5
MG/DAY) AND TASMAR (JUST STARTED WITH 3, 1 MG TABs/ DAY).  I HAVE TO SAY I
FEEL WORSE WHEN I AM REAL LATE TAKING THE MEDS, BUT NO REAL ON & OFFS
>>A CT scan and a MRI have not revealed to his neurologist the reason(s)
>>for his physical/neurological problem.
>

>Well, Bob, my husband (79/1) has had the same experience.
>

>>Any thoughts or advice on my Dad's behalf would be greatly
>>appreciated.
>>
>>Thank you.
>>
>>Bob Johnson
>
>We go to Dr. Hauser in the Movement Disorder Clinic in Tampa every four
>months, but he doesn't seem to know what to do for my husband who does not
>respond as expected to Sinemet.  Permax and Tasmar were initiated and
>stopped quickly due to disastrous side effects.
>I HAVE NEVER, THO, HAD ANY SIDE EFFECTS, BUT THAT IS IRRELVENT IF THET
DON'T DO MUCH!
>The Sinemet seems to improve the drooling and hand tremor a little bit, but
>increasing Sinemet over two 25/100 per day brings on loss of appetite and
>dizziness.
>
>Bob, If you find anything that helps, please let us know.
>
>Anybody out there have any suggestions?
>
>Ellen Peck
PLEASE
B. Bruce Anderson (52, 4)