In an attempt to discover all the alternatives open to my mother Joyce
(69/1 -- Parkinson's Plus, striatonigral degeneration), which are not great
in number, my mother's doctor mentioned growth hormone injections.
According to him, there is NO evidence that this treatment does anything,
but it is his gut feeling that it slows the progression of all neurological
diseases. Also, he said it was safe and expensive ($100/week). He talked
about taking a blood test for IGF-1; if it's low, then growth hormone
injections are recommended.

Does anyone know about this or  used it? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Debbie White