 To Walkers all:

      This was my fifth Walk. What  stood out clearly was the UNITY.  The hard
 work, the overcoming of what must have been endless frustrations in the
process, and the perseverance of the organizers was evident in the numbers and
the good cheer of the participants. I saw banners from Connectiicutt, Rhode
Island,
 Massachuetts"  No doubt there were other banners I diid not notice.
 But  I did see one live notable walking banner from Pennsylvvnia, John Cordy.
  whose  PAN  activities keep us ln touch with our legislators. The courage of
the PWPs and the love of the Care Givers were inspirational .
     This post is getting long, but I must add  that part of reason for
writing
was the magnificent example of a CARE GIVER, a member of our Support Group at
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. Last year Catherine Russell,CG and her
husband Russell  pulled up the rear flank with me as the Walkers  crossed
the line. This year Catherine pulled up the rear guard wirh me: Russell was
not with us !   He did not survivethe summer. To me Catherine is the epitome
of strong emotional courage.
.
[log in to unmask]  (Mary Manfredi)