To:  Wendy   From:  Wendy

That's pretty funny.  Don't encounter that too often.

I would  venture to say that your mom probably had pd symptoms before she
was actually diagnosed.  I know I did, especially now that I understand the
disease more.  One of the signs was that my softball throwing was going
downhill, and until someone else commented on it to me, I wasn't sure if I
was imagining it or not.  It definitely sneaks up on ya slowly.  Another
clue, looking back, came when I was on a ski trip with a bunch of people.
We were all sitting around at this table, playing a drinking game (sshhh!
don't tell anyone!), which involved, at certain times, quickly tapping one's
hand twice, right in succession.  When everyone started yelling at me that I
was tapping too softly and that they couldn't tell whether I had tapped once
or twice, I told them all that they had had too much  to drink, that I had
obviously tapped twice.  Drunk they may have been, but I now know they were
right, as quick, repetetive movements have become harder and harder for me.
It's funny how one begins to see the subtle changes affecting otherwise
normal activities (not that playing drinking games was a "normal"
activity!).

As far as healings, I guess in a (not-so?) subtle way, I'm trying to shape
both mine and everyone else's reality here by through repeated exposure to
the idea of pd healings.  Like psychologists say about learning, you don't
really absorb new info completely until you've seen/heard it at least seven
times.  I think that if we all hear about it enough, even tho' we don't
believe it at first,, with repeated exposure, it kinda becomes a
"background" reality, which hopefully eventually moves to the foreground,
and then out of our imaginations, out into the  "real" world.  I truly
believe that if enough of us begin to believe in the possibility, we'll
eventually reach some critical mass where belief actually becomes reality,
and then things will really begin happening.

It's kinda like years ago, when the book Megatrends was written.  In it the
author brought up the concepts (possibilities) which outlined where he saw
society and technology going.  (concepts which are today represented by the
Internet, and the ability to do commerce via it;  what they call "smart"
homes, where a computer basically runs everything electrical;  the
environmental movement, which is changing the way business is done; etc.)  I
don't know if all of these examples are definitely out of that book, I
haven't actually read it myself, altho' I've heard other people's summaries.
Anyway, ya'll get the idea.  Back then, no one could conceptualize the
Internet, computers, etc., and the effect they'd have on our lives.  But the
seeds of the ideas had been planted, which then led to other people
exploring the ideas further, and so on and so on, which all eventually led
to their real invention and development.   That's where I can see this
healing stuff going if we don't let the idea die.

Ya know, if we're gonna put so much time and effort into the Udall Bill and
securing funding, we've got to do it with the belief that a cure is
imminent, but not get depressed when it doesn't come immediately.  I think
politicians would respond even more positively if we came at them from a
position of belief.  If we don't really believe in a cure (at least in our
lifetimes), then we push that date out further.   By collectively believing
in this cure, we then present ourselves from a place of greater power.  You
have to be ready to be healed, as well, whenever that times comes.
Irregardless of the drugs and surgeries that are developed with this money,
they can't heal you if you still cling to the idea that this disease is
fatal and relentlessly progressive.

Anyway Wendy, I'm not criticizing you in at all.  Nor am I referring to
"you" necessarily when I say "you".  It's a more general term.  I just get
to rambling sometimes.

Hope that you and your mom, and all of us, can later become subscribers to
the as yet to be formed email list called "PD survivors."  I'll sign up!

Wendy Tebay