About apomorphine.

my mother (living in Italy) has taken apomorphine for a year and a half .
She was prescribed apomorphine because she was not responding anymore to
sinemet.
She was using a "metering pump" or "insuline pump" which allowed to dose
properly and continuosly the apomorphine.(The old system of injections every so
much was already abandoned many years ago before the discovery of Dopa)

It turned out that the dosage was very "delicate" (i.e. too much apomorphine
meant strong dyskinesia) and after approx 1 year and half she was not
responding anymore (i.e. dosage to get a "decent" response could not be found)

She then stopped and is now on selegiline (I believe.... name is different in
Italy and don't remeber exactly) and she is doing much better than the last
months with apomorphine.

In conclusion I think that apomorphine was good for her to reset the "dopa"
dosage to which she was not responding properly... and now she is back to more
recent (but traditional) medications.

Marco Bozzo for Madin