     I spoke with a research person from Loma Linda some time ago, and
with his permission, taped our conversation.  While it does not offer
any remedy for immediate relief, it is good preventatve and restorative
information.  His name is Richard Hubbard and last I talked with him his
contact number: (909) 824-4400
ext 45352, if you want to check the accuracy of my understanding.

Number One on his personal list of things a PWP should know (and is not
news to many of  you) is how to lower medication levels through avoiding
animal protein (amino acid Leucine)  and he cautions to do this
gradually over a 3 to 4 week period.  Just this action alone ---He
says--will allow a decrease in med levels,
in some individuals up to 50%  (I have it on tape)  he also reminded me
about using the blink rate to check if you are under or over
medicated-- I think that has come up on the list before.

Second , is to understand Neuropathy as  a process of cellular breakdown
in the muscles and that every PWP has it and becomes aware of it sooner
or later.  Most commonly affected are the feet and legs
(and in general , the extremities).  He explained that a culprit in this
break down
process  is a common ingredient in the proceesing of foods : Partially
Hydrogenated Oils.   This ingredient allows trans fatty acids which
allows a particular enzyme (call him if you want to know) that inhibits
absorption of amino acids.  Poor absorption leads to cellular breakdown
of muscles or Neuropathy.

Essential Fatty Acids to the rescue.  Suggested EFA Supplementation is
Evening Primrose Oil   2 1/2 Grams a day
(usually found in 500mg ans 1300mg
capsules )  This will help add Weight --but only to the muscles.   He
said the best combiation of EFAs is Omega 6 fatty acids (plant based)
and Omega 3, usually the source being fish oil.  Best ratio is
8 : 1, Omega 6 to Omega 3.  ( I have found a good efa oil already
blended under the label name of Barleans flaxseed oil - liqiuid or
capsules.)

Third on the list is Vit B12 -- 500mcg daily

Fourth, if the PWP isover 50 yr old, 200 iu Vit D twice weekly

Other Things Mentioned:
Too much carbidopa can lead to niacin deficiency and cause dementia
Best to stay under 200mg a day (more can also lead to cramping )

Also responsible for cramping is not enough Magnesium

The PD brain is Glutathione deficient and adding this supplement can
also help the colon  (did not get a suggested dose)