From: Tebay, Wendy M <[log in to unmask]>
 >They are also practising mormons.
THEY PRACTICE A LOT - THEY HAVE 11 CHILDREN BETWEEN THE 2 OF THEM.
>I  don't know if this little factoid might also help, but it could.  Marie
>Osmond sells porcelain collector dolls on the tv shopping channel, QVC.
>Annette Funicello (who has MS) sells collectible teddy bears there as well.
>I know that at least part of Annette's profits go into this research
>facility she's set up for studying neurological diseases.
.................................Make a Wish Foundation  or
the..........................
>Sunshine Foundatiom (I'm 90% sure one of those is the right one).
...............................  I bring all this up cuz the more we appear
to know about
>what other things and issues they are involved in (especially regarding the
>MS link), the better chance I think we have of standing out from the crowd.
>YOU AE RIGHT.  MIGHT ALSO WANT TO SUGGEST THAT THE PEOPLE WITH NEUROLOGICAL
DISEASES WHO APPEAR ON THE SHOW BE, OR AT LEAST INCLUDE, SOME YOUNG ONSETS
WHO ARE YOUNG ENOUGH TO HAVE YOUNG KIDS.   THEY COULD BRING A FEW OF THEM ON
THE SHOW, OR SHOW A VIDEO OF THE PARENT WITH THE CHILD.
>I haven't seen their new show yet, but from what I understand hearing Marie
>on QVC, it's probably more of a lighthearted and fun show.  Thus I think
>that whatever suggestions we give shouldn't be too heavy or depressing.
I'm
>not saying to play down ther seriousness of PD, but we should try to make
>sure we address both the positive and definitely negative aspects of it.
>
>So, maybe I'll send them a similar package of poetry, as I sent to Oprah,
>only modifying my cover letter a bit.
FORGET THE POEMS, AS NICE AS THEY ARE. I DOUBT IF TV PRODUCERS STOP TO READ
MANY POEMS.,   SEND PHOTOS  OF LARGE FAMILIES WITH A PWP PARENT>
>Go get 'em!
>
>Wendy Tebay
BBA.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS SHOW IS ON???