Dear PD Listmembers,

As some of you may know, an upcoming episode of the show "Chicago Hope"
deals with neurosurgery for tremor.  This episode is supposed to air on
October 14.  I have not seen the tape, but my company, as well as Medtronic
(the maker of the implanted deep brain stimulator) were asked to provide
equipment and technical guidance.  Our public relations people are
contacting media representatives in the following cities lobbying them to
provide follow-up news reports that relate to this episode, such as pieces
on neurosurgical options for Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremor and/or
other movement disorders.  This might be an excellent opportunity for local
(and national) PD organizations to get some press as well.  If such groups
from these cities would forward to me their contact information, I will
incorporate the information into the press kit that we are distributing.
 Here are the cities:

Atlanta, Houston, Lubbock,
San Francisco, Spokane, Boston,
Chicago, Dallas, Denver,
Detroit, Kansas City, Los Angeles,
New York, St. Louis, Seattle

If your favorite city is not here, please add it, if there is someone for
the media to talk to there and you have contact information.  These cities
happen to be where my company either has or wants to get our microelectrode
guidance systems installed, but there is no reason not to mention others as
well.

Thank you,
Andy Blatz