Hi all,

Just a note of congratulations to those who participated in the Unity Walk
and the other walks that took place.

In many cities across Canada,, the 3rd annual Parkinson's SuperWalk also
took place yesterday. Our local Halifax-Dartmouth Chapter participated, but
the weather against us -- it rained heavily and affected out turnout
drastically. As well, every year we face competition from a big,
well-established AIDS walk which had over 300 walkers.

Nevertheless, 30 plus people turned out to walk 2 km or 7 km routes to help
raise funds and awareness for Parkinson's. That represents about 1 walker
for every 10 000 people in the Halifax region. Last year we had over 100
turn out in great weather or 1 walker for every 3000 people.

I really believe these Parkinson walks will be an increasingly significant
means of raising awareness and funds for research and patient services
everywhere. Let's keep making them better and better.

Best to all and TTFN

Peter
Peter Kidd
Learning Materials Consulting Services
62 Coronation Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3N 2M6 Canada
Tel/FAX: (902) 443-4262 Email: [log in to unmask]