Apomorphine has been always more used in Europe than in the US. That is
in part because the anti-emetic and anti nausia med. domperidone  is an
accepted med.  in Europe ( I am not sure if  this holds for all European
countries.)

and  is always prescribed together with apomorphine. Domperidone is not
admitted in the USA. Apomorphine is for most neuro's a last resort, which
can  be used when nothing else is helpfull any more. It  controls for
some patients  effectively "wearing off" dyskinesia. I once did see a
woman with heavy dykinesia using it. The effect of  an apomorphine
injection seemed me to be  a miracle Within a few minutes the dyskinesia
had disapeared completely.

But the time  this effect could keep was about 30 min. It was supposed
that after these 30minutes the sinemet would take over the job. My
impression was that it is  more a rescue drug, than a drug that could
take over  the task of sinemet. But as such it might be usefull. When
apomorphine is used as replacement of sinemet ,administered   by a pump,
the results can be miraculous too, but mostly  don't  hold .

     Regards

                 Ida    </fontfamily>

Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,

Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]