hi ruth the lurker!

In a message dated 1998/09/28  11:57:20, you write:
>Hi everyone:  I am normally a lurker, but I saw a message that the NPF
>has a wallet-sized card which lists medication that may alter the action
>of sinemet.  Can someone give me the address or the website
>information?  Many thanks to the many who provide such wonderful support
>and help in this group.  You are all such an inspiration.

there are several sources of similar information
i am sure there is a detailed long list of meds to watch out for
perhaps originated by the late great alan bonander
and possibly re-posted by camilla?
i'll look in the archives

i'm glad you find this group inspirational
i do too

Can't remember if I have introduced myself:  I am Ruth Harvey, 51,
>caregiver for mother aged 78 with parkinsons and a severe dementia.
>Have been caregiver for 3 years now, she was diagnosed with parkinsons
>about 10 years ago and the dementia has developed since then.  Her
>father had parkinsons and a milder dementia (she was his caregiver, I
>remember him well) and her sister has been recently diagnosed with
>parkinsons.  Haven't heard of any dementia yet.  I am also caregiver for
>my father who has spinal muscular atrophy (one of the muscular distrophy
>conditions), aged 72.  His mother is still alive and well at age 95 and
>was living alone in Maine until this month.  She went into an assisted
>living facility.  She and he are both mentally alert and show no signs
>of any dementia.

wow
you surely do have your hands full!
have you looked into any genetiic links for pd?
mother, aunt, and grandfather look like a pretty unusual 'co-incidence'

>Sorry for the length of my post, I mostly am a lurker,
>and somehow I feel that is rude of me, but you are all so helpful
>that I don't feel I have anything to add.  Thanks again, Ruth Harvey

don't apologise for anything!
you subscribe to this list - you are cyber-kin!

you did put a relevant subject header on your message
that's all that matters, as far as i am concerned
that's all that the diligent deleters need!

you may feel that you have nothing to add
to what the more vocal [cyber-wise, that is] list kin say
but your actions and your hard work speak volumes to me!

however, as a non-recipient of a care-giver
i can only appreciate what you do from a bit of a distance

lets hear it for lurkers!

your cyber-sib

janet

janet paterson - 51/10 - almonte/ontario/canada
http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/