Dear All

As an update to the feedback on Unity Walks, I can report a great
success from the 2 or 7 km jaunt that was held in a park in our nation's
capital on Sunday, September 13th. We indeed picked a lucky number with
a warm sunny day and over 150 participants. About $20,000 was netted for
the Parkinson's Society of Ottawa-Carleton, a signicant increase over
the budget and the last two years.
One of the changes in the format this year which generated some good
press was to commenorate the walk in the memory of one of our active
members who recently passed away and who had been a well-known civil
servant with the federal government. The fact that he had 11 children,
all of whom participated, helped with the attendance! We also had more
fun and fellowship than in prior years by adding sponsored entetainment.

Cheers

Ken Clements    Ottawa CANADA  < [log in to unmask]