For REED-L'ers in the greater T.O. area, I think this will be of
interest. Please pass it on to others in the area you think might be
interested, too.

********************************

We would appreciate your assistance publicizing this event (or passing on
this email) to anyone you think might be interested.

The Ontario College of Art & Design Library Association (OCADla) is sponsoring
a PUBLIC LECTURE by PAT GANGNON on Monday, October 26th from 12noon to 2pm at
the Michener Institute Auditorium, 222 St. Patrick Street (at Elm) in Toronto.
The topic of the lecture is "Mask-Making: Applying 2-Dimensional Design to
3-Dimensional Objects: Evolution of a Body of Work." Tickets are $15 apiece
($7.50 for students) with all proceeds going to the Library for new
acquisitions. For tickets or information, call Linda Bellamy at (416) 977-6000
ext. 481 or email [log in to unmask]

This lecture will present a stunning selection of mask works, researched and
created by Pat Gangnon in 1997 during a sabbatical year from OCAD (where she
teaches). She will discuss the processes used to create the masks including:
mold making with alginates and rubber, production of castings in plaster and
clay, and shaping thermal plastic and sheet copper. A number of the
vacuum-formed masks will be displayed and theatrically presented during the
lecture, some decorated with paint and beadwork, others incorporated into
costume and frame works, using various fabrics, shaped canvasses and banners.
The lecture is informal and interactive; the audience will have opportunities
to question Pat and look at her work up-close. We are very excited about this
lecture and want to publicize it as widely as possible.

I hope you can pass this information on, if you can't attend yourself. Many
thanks!

Jill Patrick
Director of Library Services
Dorothy H. Hoover Library
Ontario College of Art & Design
or

Dr Abigail Ann Young, Records of Early English Drama| [log in to unmask]
Victoria College, University of Toronto             | utoronto.ca |
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca:8080/~young     |My Home Page        |
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~reed/reed.html |  REED's Home Page  |