Hello all,

Several people have sent lists or other relevant data.

At this moment I have the following lists:

A   the APDA-list (the orange card).
    [re-posted by me]
    "Drugs Contra-Indicated for Parkinson Disease Patients"
    By: P.A. NAUSIDA, M.D., director APDA-IRC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

B   the list of medications published in the June 1998
    Newsletter of the NPF support group that meets at
    Georgetown University Hospital (In Washington DC).
    [re-posted by Hilary Blue]

C   the list on John Cottingham's site (updated 02/21/98).
    [re-posted by Ron Vetter]

D   "Meds to be avoided or used with caution by Parkinson Patients".
    Source unknown.

E   "Bonander"-list. Last updated: 05/15/95.
    Young Parkinson Support Netwerk.

There is a list from Parkinson Australia called:
"Drugs to be used with caution".
Is there anyone in Australia who has typed this list out already, so it can
be sent to me by email?

Is there such a list in Canada??

Can someone tell me whether the list supplied by Hilary Blue is the same as
the list on the NPF-card?

The answers to my questions in my previous post are:

A       Flufenazine         \
B       Fluophenazine        >  which is correct?
C       Fluphenazine        /

C is correct!!

A       Thiothixene         must be     Thiothixine

NO, Thiothixene is correct after all!!

A       Porchlorperazine    \   which is
B+C     Prochlorperazine    /       correct?

B+C are correct!!

A       Buspirone           \
B       Busparone            >  which is correct?
C       Subpirone           /

A is correct!!

EXTRA on the "B"-list (compared to the "A"-list) are:

    BRAND NAMES                     GENERIC
    Moban                           malindone
    Ser-Ap-Es                       Reserpine
    Diutensin                       Reserpine??
    Diupres                         Reserpine
    Demi-Regroton                   Reserpine
    Salutensin                      Reserpine
    pavabid                         papaverine
    Lithobid                        Lithium carbonate
    Taractan                        chlorprothixene
    Elavil                          amitriptyline hydrochloride
    Paxil                           paroxetine
    Prozac                          fluoxetine
    Zoloft                          sertraline

EXTRA on the "C"-list (compared to the "A"-list) are:

    Trade               Generic

    Orap                Pimozide
    Serentil            Mesoridazine
    Taractan            Chlorprothixene
    Tindal              Acetophenazine
    Vesprin             Triflupromazine
    Niacin              ??
    B-Complex vitamins  -
    Nicotinomide        ??
    Lithobid            Lithium carbonate

        # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Anyone who still has access to relevant lists, please send them ASAP to me
OFF-LIST, preferably with the author, editor, origin, when last updated,
source where list was obtained.

I have NO access to the WWW, therefor is it not possible for me to access
the archives or other sites for relevant lists. If there are relevant lists
out there, would someone send them to me, thanks in advance for your help!!

Does anyone know why the contra-indicated meds/drugs as opiates and
anti-histamines are not specified on any of these lists???

Thanks to all of you for your help!!  8<{))))))))))

Hans.