I don't think there is any realy definitive way to pinpoint the year
of onset of PD. It isn't a sudden cataclysmic event like a stroke or
a heart attack. It just creeps up on one.

I have always assumed the usual signature usage was Age of PWP/Years
since diagnosis. So I identify my husband as 78/13. He was diagnosed
at Stanford 13 years ago. That was at least 7 years after the first
bothersome symptoms of numbness appeared in his feet and then slowly
progressed up his legs over the years. He now realizes via hindsight
that he had vague problems before that.

It is helpful to have an idea of a person's general age and years of
coping. Not only are we different in our symptoms and reactions to
medications, but those of us who are younger, and still working and
raising children, have quite different problems than do those of us
who are older, retired and empty of nest.

Martha Rohrer (CG for Neal 78/13)