Altho' I attribute the majority of the cell damage in my brain which
ultimately led  to my PD to have been caused by the severe reaction I had to
Compazine about  14 or so years ago, I have often wondered if the fact that
afterward, in grad school, I worked in a reactor on campus, might've been
the last straw, so to speak, which pushed things over the edge.

It's kinda ironic, but my thesis research was on the oxidative degradation
of cable insulation due to gamma radiation.  Basically, this is just the
same concept as all of the antioxidant research going on.  We were using
high energy radiation to bombard the insulation and make it decay.  The
process is significantly sped up in the presence of oxygen.  I've wondered
at the connection, cuz here I was bombarding the insulation (an organic
material, like my brain), with high energy, and it seems within the realm of
logic to wonder that the very same processes were ocurring in my brain at
the same time.  To me, this seems all the more likely, as my brain was
already likely damaged by the compazine, and that incident wasn't more than
2-3 years before grad school and this research.

As for everyone, it's probably the synergistic and cumulative effects of
many types of exposures and stresses, but it wouldn't surprise me at all for
my theory to have some basis.  I wonder, then could there also be some sort
of statistical correlation between PD and other types of brain cell damage
and living at higher altitutudes (or maybe working at them, as pilots do).
I know that there's definitely a skin cancer link at higher altitudes.
You'd probably have to take into account the actual percentage of cases vs
the total population in a given area, cuz on the two coasts (sea level),
there's gonna be a higher number of cases due to more population, but I
wonder how the actual percentages might come out.

Wendy T.