Sat, 3 Oct 1998 19:20:04 +0000 Patricia Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<<<<   My nero gave me prozac for depression and seemed to think the
depression may be causing my concentration problems. I was very upset
because I can remember anything I learned over a year ago, but have
trouble with new material. I went to see a psichiatrist. This doctor
agreed with the nero about the prozac but felt that Lithobid could
give it a boost.( I did tell him I have P.D)

The side effects were bad. My tremors have always stopped with
movement but this hand tremor did not. I would mean to move my body
in one direction, and it would go in another. Falling increased. My
head was bobbing all the time. The doctor offered to change me to
debekote. I refused to take it. My husband took it. His legs swelled.
He gained weight and finally had to change to mysoline. I'm not going
baqck to this doctor, I would rather have memory problems than
shaking, tremoring and falling. Any suggestions. If you have P.D. and
the doctor gives you Lithobid be careful.   >>>>

Hello Patricia,

Although I keep telling my neuro I have NO depression, he keeps insinuating
every visit that I have one. The last time he prescribed Paxil. Later I
found out at home that I couldn't take it because I use Eldepryl. The
pharmacist would NOT give me the prescription and called the neuro. It was
changed into Amitriptyline. Because of the anti-cholinergic side-effect I
was willing to try it. What happened: after ONE week of taking only ONE pill
each night I got so heavily depressed as I hope I will never be again. My
wife insisted that I stopped taking it, but I thought perhaps TWO pills a
night might do the trick. Well, I surely tricked myself, because things got
worse. After 10 terrible days, I stopped taking them. In three days I became
the normal me again!!

With PD you got to stay cautious with PD-meds as well as with ALL other
meds, because you never know how or when they might trick YOU!!

Patricia, I think you made the right decision!!
KEEP YOUR OWN MIND BY KEEPING A MIND OF YOUR OWN!!

Hans.