\|y. What I can do - and hope that I have succeeded
>in doing - is explain why HMO's have appeared and how some control must be
>placed on insurance costs.
>
>Art

    Art - I don't see how you think you may have shown insurance costs need
controls placed on them with your illustration.  You must have left
something out.  All you showed to me was that insurance costs are high.
    You would have to address the issue of how you reduce the cost of
medical care in order to lower the costs of insurance.  If you are going to
say its the fraud, waste & high bonuses paid to insurance company employees,
I don't buy it.  Any saving there is offset many times by the cost of such
things as $30,000 pallidotomies - rare, as someone pointed out this morning,
just 4 years ago.