I have taken Ambien for about 5 years as a sleep aid.  I am very much the
insomniac.  This has been for most of my life, as well as, I sleepwalk taking
time to cook (only the microwave), although I put my stock pot on the burners
of the gas stove, put all my med bottles in it and went on to something else.
I awoke in the morning to find the meds all in the pot.
The Ambien is very good, it will help me sleep for 6-8 hours undisturbed.
Waking, there is no groggy feeling, I feel actually very refreshed.  The only
problem I saw was I did not dream that I could remember.  I enjoy analyzing my
dreams.  Took courses in it and have learned a lot.

But every now and again I stop taking the Ambien to see if I sleep without it.
I have never slept at night for more than 2-3 hours with help.   I just get
tired of depending on that help all the time.

It is very nice to sleep like that again.
TTFN
Gina