Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:18:51 -0400 Lanier Maddux <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Are we sure that Elavil/amitriptyline in on the list? I know that many
PWP's are taking this drug. I have some on hand that was prescribed by
my doctor. I thought this was a very usefull drug for PWP's.

Hello Lanier,

I'm sure Amitriptyline belongs on the list. The combination with levodopa
can give problems. As with all the meds on the list, they are there NOT
because it's SURE it will give problems for PWP, but because there is a
significant CHANCE that there will be problems for a lot of PWP when they
use a combination with listed meds. The purpose of the list is a serious
warning that you need to pay attention. Some combinations almost always give
problems with all PD-meds, other combinations only give problems with one
specific PD-med.

Hans.