Karen, and other List-family....

Last week my internist suggested I get the pneumonia vaccine
and also the flu vaccine, citing my ... uhhhh.... "advanced"
age (55 years old) <"advanced"  PHOOEY!) <grin> and the
fact that the winter of '97-'98 saw more of individuals over 50
years old hospitalized with flu-caused pneumonia then ANY
previous year in which Kaiser Permanente (my HMO, and the
largest, oldest HMO-system  in the USA) kept such records.

My MD also mentioned that in this past winter's flu season
there were more deaths attributed to pneumonia amongst those
over-fifty year olds who were hospitalized because of pneumonia.

I must admit I  hesitated and told the MD I'd like to wait till I found
out if there were any known negative Parkinson's interactions
caused by either vaccine before giving him the go-ahead to give
me the vaccines.

Any comments based upon fact would be welcome, 'cause I
recognize I've gotta make up my mind whether to have one or both of the
vaccines within the next coupla-three weeks.

Thanks a lot....

Barb Mallut